Welcome to the UI Bands Alumni - Bands Alumni Meeting Minutes


Bands Alumni Meeting Minutes

(In reverse order -- newest first)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Monday, September 26, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Mark Clark, Maureen Durack, Dale Hallerberg, Rick Johnson, Rich Schroeder, Kim Tallungan

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Chip Buerger, Sarah Buerger, Devon Embery, Ray Garton, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Beth Nuss, Jeff Pahlke, Beth Peterson, Steve Peterson, Adam Rusek, Dave Trotter

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Friday Meeting of Homecoming
    • 11:00am as always
  • Music
    • Dale has the link and will send it to all who are registered

ü  Will post recordings once we get them for halftime tunes (TBD)

  • Registration/Online Shopping Cart
    • Dale will continue to check and run this, will check multiple times a day as we get closer

ü  Currently at about 75 registrants

  • Friday Envelopes, Materials, and Merchandise
    • Sarah & Chip Buerger will take care of this
  • Football Tickets
    • Dale will send this info the Barry the week of or before

ü  Online registration will go online as soon as this is finalized

  • Friday Check-In Table
    • Sarah & Chip Buerger will take care of this and Dale will assist (Maureen and Mark Clark are available to help)
  • Friday Rehearsal
    • Same as usual
    • Parade will be jeans
  • Friday Snack
    • Beth Nuss did this last year, is she available for this again?
  • Friday Night Storage
    • Harding will be open like last year
  • Friday Night Reception
    • Dale is working with the caterer on this

ü  Should be similar to last year, a bit smaller

ü  Wristbands are needed for the attendance

  • Saturday Registration
    • Will be at Irwin or the Stadium since rehearsal is so early due to game time

ü  Sarah & Chip will take care of this

  • Saturday Donuts
    • Maureen will take care of this
  • Saturday Rehearsal
    • Location is TBD, will hopefully know this by Friday rehearsal
  • Saturday Lunch
    • Rick spoke with Barry and they will cover the lunch again

ü  Dale will print out the list from registration and will give it to Barry

·       Rick will verify this is what needs to be done

·       We will likely have lunch based on the MI schedule to make it easier for MI so time is TBD

o   Prefer to eat lunch during the first quarter but will do whatever is easiest

  • Golf Carts
    • Peg took care of this, Dale will follow-up with her

ü  Parking should also be taken care of as well, will verify with Peg

  • Post-Game Clean Up
    • Everyone just help to make sure we leave our areas clean

 

FINANCIAL

  • Money is coming in from all the registrations that have been going on
  • Homecoming 2015 Lunch
    • Since Bands covered it, let’s put the money somewhere

ü  Put money towards the Practice Field Tower

ü  Fund polo shirts for first year grads

ü  Seed money to help with fundraising efforts

ü  Help fund plaques and/or make a financial contribution toward leadership awards given at HBB

·       Rick will check with Barry to find where the money would be most useful

WEBSITE

  • Updated and current

 

OUTREACH

  • Nothing new to report

 

FUTURE GOALS/ACTION ITEMS

  • Board Positions

§  A few people have committed to staying on

§  Dale would like to find a replacement for president

ü  Maureen will volunteer to be the new president

ü  Mark discussed the need for the consensus of the “past presidents” to nominate someone

§  Mark will send a message to the past presidents and let them know Maureen is a very willing and able candidate and would like to nominate her

§  Hannah Drake is the new student representative

 

NEXT MEETING – Week before OR week of Homecoming; Look for Google Survey via email 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Monday, August 8, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Maureen Durack, Ray Garton, Dale Hallerberg, Rick Johnson, Kim Tallungan

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Chip Buerger, Sarah Buerger, Mark Clark, Devon Embery, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Beth Nuss, Jeff Pahlke, Beth Peterson, Steve Peterson, Adam Rusek, Rich Schroeder, Dave Trotter

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Financial
    • Rick went over the Homecoming budget vs actual from 2015

ü  Rick will speak with Barry about Bands Alumni reimbursing for the Saturday lunch and golf carts

·       Will get in touch with Barry soon due to vacation and camp schedules

  •  
    • Nothing new to report for finances

ü  UI Credit Union lost our signature cards so we need to re-establish those

·       Rick & Kim need to sign the card in order to write checks

·       Dale needs to send a letter to authorize the two signees since he’s the president

  • Hotels
    • 16 rooms at the Country Inn & Suites
    • Parking is set-up near Assembly Hall/Memorial Stadium
    • Vans are also set-up for rides from the parking lot
    • Golf carts are reserved for use
  • Newsletter
    • Dale and Barry have been in communication about the newsletter and it’s ready to go to the printers
    • Rick will check with Barry about the newsletter when he speaks to him about lunch and golf cart reimbursement
  • Online Shopping Cart
    • Sarah Buerger is researching this for the different vendors

ü  Online registration will go online as soon as this is finalized

  • Homecoming Tasks – Coordinator Positions
    • Friday/Saturday Registration – Sarah & Chip Buerger (Mark Clark will likely assist) and TRY to get another person to assist with this task

ü  Maybe pay a student to assist with this and help the Alumni who do registration

  •  
    • Hotels & Parking – Peggy Huson has this taken care of
    • Online Registration – Dale Hallerberg is working on this

ü  Goal is to get this up and running by August 16th

ü  Cut-Off will likely be October 21st

  • Uniforms
    • Interest in getting a uniform baseball type cap for Alumni Band

ü  Maureen suggested tagging along with MI for the caps and now would be a good time to add that in to the uniform

ü  Ray and Dale will look into vendors and ideas for hats

 

FUTURE GOALS/ACTION ITEMS

  • Alumni Tailgate Band

§  September 10th Game time set for 6:30pm

ü  Dale will coordinate this event

  • Suburban Alumni Club: September 24th coordinated with MI
    • Band shell in Lisle and in conjunction with Naperville Central HS
  • Board Positions

§  A few people have committed to staying on

§  Dale would like to find a replacement for president

§  Jeremy Loui, former student member, has graduated and has a job and said he would be interested in a future role on the board

ü  Need a new student for the board for next year

 

NEXT MEETING – September; Look for Google Survey via email 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Monday, July 11, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Maureen Durack, Devon Embery, Dale Hallerberg, Rick Johnson, Adam Rusek, Kim Tallungan

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Chip Buerger, Sarah Buerger, Mark Clark, Ray Garton, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Beth Nuss, Jeff Pahlke, Beth Peterson, Steve Peterson, Joe Rank, Rich Schroeder, Dave Trotter

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Financial
    • Rick went over the Homecoming budget vs actual from 2015

ü  Rick will speak with Barry about Bands Alumni reimbursing for the Saturday lunch and golf carts

  • Hotels
    • Check with Peggy on this to verify and update
  • Newsletter
    • Dale and Barry have been in communication about the newsletter and it’s ready to go to the printers
    • Review the schedule for Friday and Saturday
  • Online Shopping Cart
    • Devon is going to check to see which vendors the Alumnettes have used and which have the best reputation for ease of working with them
    • Online is going to be the direction we’re heading in as it will ease some of the hassles of order confusion and financial issues
  • Homecoming Tasks – Coordinator Positions
    • To be further discussed

 

FUTURE GOALS/ACTION ITEMS

  •  
    • Alumni Tailgate Band
      • September 10th Game time set for 6:30pm

ü  Check with Wally Soler about getting “The Chiefs” to participate with this

  •  
    •  
      • Try to get section leaders recruiting people

 

NEXT MEETING – August; Look for Google Survey via email

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Maureen Durack, Rick Johnson, Adam Rusek, Kim Tallungan

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Chip Buerger, Sarah Buerger, Mark Clark, Devon Embery, Ray Garton, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Beth Nuss, Jeff Pahlke, Beth Peterson, Steve Peterson, Joe Rank, Rich Schroeder, Dave Trotter

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Financial
    • Rick will get a report out as all invoices for Homecoming are received and all bills are paid
  • Hotels
    • Check with Peggy on this to verify and update
  • Newsletter
    • Maureen saw the emails and it seems the newsletter will go out later in the summer
  • Online Shopping Cart
    • Campus Sportswear

ü  Need to further explore this as an option

ü  Pros and Cons to using an outside source versus not

  • Homecoming Tasks – Coordinator Positions
    • To be further discussed

 

OUTREACH/ENGAGEMENT

  • Beth will get contact information for Devon from Dale so the two of them can meet-up with HBB staff and try and coordinate things
  • Section Leaders
    • Still need to find someone for Mellophones

ü  Mellophones - ???

  • Chicago Alumni Center Performance
    • Chip will check on details of this

ü  Dale will follow-up for details

  • Future (Fall 2016) event to be planned with Suburban Alumni Club
    • Maureen has been on the email threads

ü  Nothing new, will tie it into a competition going in September

ü  MI will be in south suburbs (Naperville?) at a competition

  • Cane County Cougars Game with Suburban Alumni Club
    • Dale and Maureen bowed out of this even because it didn’t seem to be a good fit

ü  There may be an event planned for a Sox game and with The Chiefs group…TBD

 

FUTURE GOALS/ACTION ITEMS

  •  
    • Alumni Tailgate Band
      • September 10th Game time set for 6:30pm

ü  Afternoon warm-up

ü  Go around to tailgates, hopefully get food and drinks

  •  
    •  
      • Try to get section leaders recruiting people
    • Future Concert Band Reunion
      • Agreement that it should happen on a regular basis

ü  Set up a future year and/or what quarter of the year

o   Last mention of a Concert Band reunion in the minutes said it would happen AFTER a new Director of Bands was put into place, with no specific date

  •  
    • Board Elections
      • Dale, Beth, Kim, Rick, Adam are all up for re-election

ü  Send an email to Dale to let him know if you're interested in staying on OR if you'd like a different position

o   Rick will be happy to stay on but he’ll contact Sarah Buerger as she said she was interested

o   Beth is happy to stay on the board

o   Jeremy Loui will be graduating so maybe he can transition onto the Alumni side of the board

o   Need a new student member

ü  Dale is looking to step down and not be active president of the organization

 

NEXT MEETING – End of June; Look for Google Survey via email

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Monday, April 25, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Maureen Durack, Ray Garton, Dale Hallerberg, Beth Nuss, Rich Schroeder, Kim Tallungan, Dave Trotter

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Chip Buerger, Sarah Buerger, Mark Clark, Devon Embery, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Rick Johnson, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Jeff Pahlke, Beth Peterson, Steve Peterson, Joe Rank, Adam Rusek, Rich Schroeder

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Financial
    • Rick will get a report out to everyone as soon as all invoices are received and all bills are paid
  • Hotels
    • Peggy is checking with one more hotel but mostly has it set
  • Newsletter
    • Dale would like a reviewer for the newsletter

ü  Dave Trotter will check it before it gets sent for final print with Bands

  •  
    • Dale spoke with Steve and was told they’d like to do the newsletter after their fiscal year ends (June)

ü  Alumni would like it out July 1st but Dale believes it’ll be more like August so TBD on what the date will be

ü  Maureen suggested noting on the donor pages that they’re from May-June then change it next year to say June-June

  • Online Shopping Cart
    • Sarah got some information on this from Campus Sportswear

ü  Buy merchandise through an outside source (Campus Sportswear, etc) and it’s handled by an outside source in terms of distribution

·         Group overall thinks it sounds great

·         Make sure it’s CLEARLY advertised

·         Have a few of each item (size) for last minute people to pickup

  • Homecoming Tasks – Coordinator Positions
    • Dale would like a second person to help with organizing the event

ü  Look for someone

 

OUTREACH/ENGAGEMENT

  • Beth will get contact information for Devon from Dale so the two of them can meet-up with HBB staff and try and coordinate things
  • Section Leaders
    • Still need to find someone for Mellophones & Baritones

ü  Baritones - Bill Petefish & Deidra Richards

ü  Mellophones - ???

  • Spring Football Game
    • Maureen went and said it was well-attended
  • Chicago Alumni Center Performance
    • Chip will check on details of this

ü  Dale will follow-up for details

  • Future (Fall 2016) event to be planned with Suburban Alumni Club
    • Maureen has been on the email threads

ü  There will be a meeting next Tuesday to see if there’s any information

  • Cane County Cougars Game with Suburban Alumni Club
    • July 31st is the game and they would like the Alumni Band to come and play

ü  Dale would like to see the performers at least to get in for free

  • Update from Steve Peterson
    • Steve Peterson sent a Bands update to Dale today and asked if we’d support him in sending his update out to all the Bands Alumni they have tagged in the UIAA Database

ü  Dave and Maureen will be happy to look it over and review and give input to Dale to let Steve Peterson know if it should be sent

ü  Beth suggested to tag onto this an advertisement for board positions as well as a plug for Homecoming

 

FUTURE GOALS/ACTION ITEMS

  •  
    • 2017 is Sesquicentennial of University (150 years)
      • No planning has started but we'll keep it in mind
    • Alumni Tailgate Band
      • September 3, 10, 17 are early games

ü  Likely need it to be an afternoon/evening game to make this work

ü  Pick one of the games to go and perform

  •  
    •  
      • Waiting to get start times on these games to be able to make any plans

ü  Maureen will check with DIA on starting times

  •  
    • Future Concert Band Reunion
      • Ray would like to see a revisit on a Concert Band reunion
      • Agreement that it should happen on a regular basis

ü  Set up a future year and/or what quarter of the year

o   Last mention of a Concert Band reunion in the minutes said it would happen AFTER a new Director of Bands was put into place, with no specific date

  •  
    • Board Elections
      • Dale, Beth, Kim, Rick, Adam are all up for re-election

ü  Send an email to Dale to let him know if you're interested in staying on OR if you'd like a different position

o   Beth is happy to stay on the board

o   Jeremy Loui will be graduating so maybe he can transition onto the Alumni side of the board

o   Need a new student member

ü  Dale is looking to step down and not be active president of the organization

ü  Ray brought up the possibility of there being term limits in the bylaws

o   Ray will research it in the bylaws and report back

 

NEXT MEETING – End of May; Look for Google Survey via email 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

UI Bands Alumni Board

Meeting Minutes

Monday, March 14, 2016

6:00pm

 

IN ATTENDANCE

Conference Call: Chip Buerger, Maureen Durack, Ray Garton, Dale Hallerberg, Rich Schroeder, Kim Tallungan

 

Absent: Dave Allen, Sarah Buerger, Mark Clark, Devon Embery, Peg Huson, Barry Houser, Rick Johnson, Jeremy Loui, Linda Moorhouse, Beth Nuss, Beth Peterson, Jeff Pahlke, Steve Peterson, Joe Rank, Adam Rusek, Rich Schroeder, Dave Trotter

 

For the Conference Call: Please call  

 

HOMECOMING

  • Financial
    • Rick will get a report out to everyone as soon as all invoices are received and all bills are paid
  • Hotels
    • Peggy is checking with one more hotel but mostly has it set
  • Newsletter
    • Newsletter should be out no later than late May/early June

ü  Save the Date email went out in January

  • Online Shopping Cart
    • Online shopping cart will remain the same
    • Mention of an online shopping cart/merchandise with Gameday

ü  Dale with check with Sarah

  • Homecoming Tasks
    • Homecoming tasks same as last year

ü  Chip suggested more help earlier

ü  Find someone who is NOT performing that can take on some of the tasks, especially with registration on Friday and Saturday.

ü  School of Music student? Non-performing spouse?

 

OUTREACH/ENGAGEMENT

  • Dale will follow-up with Beth and Devon on professional-student outreach
  • Section Leaders
    • Still need to find someone for Mellophones & Baritones

ü  Baritones - Bill Petefish? Deidra ???

ü  Mellophones - ???

  •  
    • Will likely pick-up in June once we start really getting into Homecoming prep
  • Spring Football Game
    • Check on Date
    • Send out Facebook blast about the game and Papa Del's after for food and drinks (very casual)
  • Chicago Alumni Center



© Copyright UI Bands Alumni, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Alumni Development Software